Tuesday 9 December 2008

Original Artwork on Sale at Etsy... NOW

Winter Scenes Set 1

In the next couple of days I'm going to be listing a small pile of original ACEO/ATC sized (2.5x3.5 inches) artwork in "Mark Mason's Curiously Drawn Print Shop" over at Etsy. ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals and ATC stands for Artists Trading Cards.
Miniature pieces of original art and limited edition prints have become very popular over the last few years and I've decided to respond to requests for artwork by producing my own. There will be more to follow.

In total there are 53 original pieces, and I'll also be listing a VERY small Limited Edition Print run of the images.

I've divided the artwork into Series and Sets. Each set in a series comprises of only 5 images and 1 title card. I've kept the sets small because if people want a complete set, they only have to buy a total of 6 cards. I really dislike the seemingly never ending series, I think it's dishonest to genuine collectors, and especially at a time when we're all watching our money.

So, in this initial collection of original illustrated cards I've got 9 sets:

Winter Scenes 2008 Set 1
Winter Scenes 2008 Set 2
Animal Portrait Studio Set 1
Animal Portrait Studio Set 2
Hokusai Artists Set 1
Hokusai Artists Set 2
Japanese Lanterns Set 1
Kanji Animals Set 1
Kanji Animals Set 2


Here's an image of the Japanese Lanterns Set 1

All the images are produced on heavy stock acid free watercolour paper using quality watercolour paints, pastels and coloured pencils. The Winter Scene title cards are edged in silver leaf, and the Hokusai Artists sets are highlighted in gold leaf.
All the artwork will be either initialled or stamped with my personal seal, depending on the style of the image, and the reverse will be signed, dated and contain all the details about the image and the set that it relates too.





No comments: