Sunday 13 May 2007

My First Print Exchange...

I've signed up for my first print exchange with the Barenforum, the Internet home of international woodblock print artists. They run 4 print exchanges a year, in addition to a very popular New Year Animal print exchange based on the Japanese tradition of sending New Year cards. 30 people are signed on, with a number on the waiting list in case anyone should have to drop out.
I've made it onto the waiting list for Exchange #33 so I've decided to produce my print whether I get promoted onto the official sign-up list or not.

I thought it might be interesting to post progress reports on the design and production of the print, including any mistakes.

I'm really very new to woodblock printing, and my animation work takes up most of my time, but I'm fascinated by the technique and it's history, and the multitude of connections I'm finding between the subject matter and style of Japanese woodblock prints and books, and the traditional 2D Animation I so enjoy producing.

No comments: